Climate change affects us all. The goal is to limit the global increase to 1.5 degrees Celsius. This is a global average, so the temperature rise will be higher in some regions and lower in others. In Africa and other regions of the world, we already have increases of 5-6 degrees Celsius (about 41 degrees Fahrenheit), with the corresponding effects: Droughts, famines, water shortages.
So we all need to do something!
One important aspect of this is to understand what is going on. We need to understand the processes behind the developments and then implement the necessary steps in our own region. Lead the way, pass on the knowledge and take action! And have fun while learning!
- A Beginner’s Guide to Environmental Science: Wicked Problems and Possible Solutions, Central Queensland University of Australia
- Planet Partners: Tackling the Climate Crisis Together, University of Reading and Walker Institute
- Concepts in Sustainable Development: An Introduction to the Key Issues, University of Leicester
- Learning for a Sustainable Future: Live at COP26, University of Edinburgh, Scotland’s United Nations University and The British Council
- How to Measure, Reduce, and Offset your Company’s Carbon Footprint, Bima and MSQ
- Transforming Urban Mobility: Introduction to Transport Planning for Sustainable Cities, UCL, GIZ and TUMI
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) for Earth Monitoring, Mercator Ocean International and European Enviroment Agency
- The Impacts of Tourism, Coventry University
- Fashion’s Future: The Sustainable Development Goals, Fashion Revolution